by Kadima Careers on Mar 30, 2023 8:00:00 AM
As many of you know, I am passionate about leveling the playing field for underestimated talent and want to accelerate 1 million careers by 2040. Because of this passion, I offer a lot of free resources and tools to help you gain the confidence you need to Own Your Career™.
In this episode of the SYCK podcast, career coach and former HR Director Sonal Bahl touches on the functions of HR and the roles of recruiters in the job acquisition process. She also shares practical tips to help you supercharge your professional growth. From taking ownership of your career to building a strong network and being likable, Sonal explains why it's important to always be on the lookout for new opportunities and to radiate positivity rather than negativity. She also offers insights into the power dynamic in job acquisition and how to ask the right questions at the right time.
Whether you're just starting out or looking to make a career pivot, Sonal's advice will certainly give you clarity. Tune in now to learn more!
In This Episode:
- [09:00] Who HR works for and their primary motivation for existence
- [14:05] How Sonal helps her clients increase their believability, networking, and marketability to supercharge their careers
- [20:28] Executive recruiters and internal recruiters
- [23:43] How career coaches differ from headhunters
- [30:44] Sonal’s advice to job seekers on how to navigate interviews with recruiters based on her point of view as a former recruiter.
- [31:09] The power balance between the company and job seekers in the job acquisition process.
- [37:55] What it means to be the CEO of your career
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to follow the SYCK podcast! Join me each week as I give away FREE advice on how to Own Your Career™. Follow now!
Sonal Bahl is a Career Strategist, Podcaster, and Founder of Supercharge, a Career Advisory firm with clients in Europe, Middle East, Africa, North America and Asia. A former HR Director, she has served over two decades in HR leadership roles in leading firms like GE, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and others on 3 continents.
No Comments Yet
Let us know what you think